Friday, February 11, 2011

* Valentine's Day is coming... share the best Sugar Cookies Ever!!

What are you baking for Valentine's Day?  My fellow is a cookie monster so I decided to make some sugar cookies, I cut them out in the shape of hearts for Valentines day and decorated them!  This recipe is from my mom's friend Connie. She bakes cookies each year for the holidays, and just happened to give me this recipe.. I am still waiting for her blue berry walnut thumbprint cookies!  Her cookies are delicious! And this recipe is amazing! They are moist and buttery and delicious!!

Connie's Sugar Cookies
makes 2-3 dozen (depending on the size of the cookie cutter)
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
2 sticks of butter
1 c. sugar
1 egg
2 1/2 c. flour
2 Tbsp. Orange Juice
1 Tbsp. Butter Vanilla Extract (regular vanilla extract is fine also) (I used half Vanilla and half butter extract)
1 tsp. Baking Powder

Directions:

preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and egg. Add the flour, 
orange juice, vanilla extract and baking powder. Mix. roll out dough and cut into 
shapes you like. Bake for 8-10 minutes.


Once cookies are baked allow to fully cool before decorating!
Decorating cookies is new to me, and if it is new to you I suggest you
She made it super easy and her recipe for icing was tasty!!

Outline your cookies and then once the icing has set fill them in!
Have fun and be creative!
I added chunks of broken mint chocolate chips to make "mint chocolate chip ice cream" cones!
And I added some extra red sanding sugar to the hearts!
Some pretty pink posies
This cookie recipe is delicious! The icing is easy peasy  - thanks to the tutorial!

I enjoyed making and decorating these cookies, and I especially enjoyed eating them!!






Happy Eating!!
~

3 comments:

  1. mmmmmmm...I love me some sugar cookies:) Those are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cookies look so pretty. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like....

Related Posts with Thumbnails