Saturday, February 19, 2011

* Heavenly Rice

When people talk about their "immediate family" typically they are talking about their mom, dad, and siblings.  For me, that is not the case.  My immediate family is my mom, grandma, grandpa, aunts and uncle and cousins... Growing up I spent a lot of time with all of them.  Holiday's big and small, sporting events (track and field), and cookouts on lazy weekends.  My cousins and I spent a lot of time at our grandma's, running around her yard and in the forest by her house.  Many of my favorite dishes came from gram's house... Pig Picken Cake, Chicken and Waffles... Heavenly rice!!

Gram's Heavenly Rice
Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
4 cups cooked rice
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple
3 small gala apples (diced)
1 bag of chopped walnuts
1 jar of maraschino cherries (quartered)
3/4 bag of mini marshmallows
2 cups of Chantilly cream (gram would used a container of cool whip)

Directions:
Mix all ingredients in a big bowl, allow to chill before serving. Yep, that's it!
Now.. It may not look like much, but it is a tasty treat that my grandma use to make that I would devour!!





Also, if you haven't already.. Check out my Blogavarsary Giveaway Post and enter to win a cute Lattice Pocket Pie Mold - Winner will be announced on the 23rd!!

Happy Eating!!
~

7 comments:

  1. Super heavenly because your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. I have had this before...years ago. You're right, it doesn't look like anything special but it is really delish...kind of addicting, in fact. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This rice sounds so good. I've never had sweet rice, but it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so good. This is mt first visit to your blog and I've spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature for your readers. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks SO good! what a fun way to make rice...glad to have found your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been so busy this past week but I'm glad that I was able to pop over and see this rice. It looks so sweet and delicious. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grams are special people and they love spoiling us with heavenly treats! I've never had sweet rice, except rice pudding. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like....

Related Posts with Thumbnails