Friday, April 2, 2010

* Fried Bread Dough

Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas.. all are occasions when my grandma would make her fried bread dough. She would make some plain, and some she would dip in cinnamon and sugar. Growing up I loved going to grams to eat some! When I was younger the cinnamon and sugar ones were my favorite.. Well, recently she decided to try dipping some in garlic and Parmesan cheese.. These have become my new favorite!! So, all of this time I thought my grandmother made fresh bread dough for her fried bread dough... I went to visit her this past weekend and found out that I was wrong.. but I will say, fresh home made, or store bought.. these are still tasty treats!


Ingredients:

Bread Dough (Store bought or your own recipe)
Canola Oil (for frying)

Mixtures:
Cinnamon and Sugar
Parmesan Cheese and Garlic powder

Directions:

Shape bread dough into small rounds with holes (like donuts).



Place into your pan of heated canola oil. Cook on one side until browned...Then Flip



Pour your cinnamon and sugar or Parmesan and garlic mixture into paper bags or zip lock bags (this makes for easy coating of seasoning onto dough). Once dough is browned on both sides, remove from oil-place on a paper towel to blot of oil. Drop the dough into your paper bag of seasonings.



Shake your bag to thoroughly coat dough with seasonings!



And, lastly, Enjoy!





What treats did you grow up eating that your grandma made??

Printer Friendly Version
Happy Eating!!
~ pup

Fried Dough on FoodistaFried Dough

2 comments:

  1. Yum these look really good. So much oil though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember my aunt used to make this when we were young.If you won't mind, I'd really love to guide foodista readers to your site. Just add your choice of Foodista widget at the end of this blog post and you're all set. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

You might also like....

Related Posts with Thumbnails